Sunday, July 8, 2012

Word Wall Letters, Baby Shower Decorations, and a Flooded Washer

So yesterday I did some shopping at Dollar Tree, Big Lots, Target, and Ikea.  I found some great stuff and want to share some ideas.  Tomorrow I will share my finds for a belated "Fantastic Find Friday."  I also want to link up with the classroom theme linky. 

Well, my plan was to write this post three hours ago while getting laundry done, but the washer decided to malfunction and flood my laundry and kitchen.  So we spent the last 3 hours cleaning that up.  That was super fun.  Luckily, I procrastinated and shopped yesterday instead of mopping.  If I had found myself mopping two days in a row, this post would no longer be suitable for children...or maybe even young adults. 

This is Mr. Gamer-Hubby shopvac-ing it up and moving the washer out. The washer was super uber full, and so he found a way to use the garden house to suck all the water out of the washer.  You see using the shopvac would have taken like 20 trips so he had to find the more efficient way to do it.  Mr.  Gamer-Hubby always strategizes and does things in the most efficent and logical way possible.  Me - I would have probably been using towels and buckets.



So I did want to share with you some things I have been making because I am proud of them.  I have been working on some classroom decor inspired by various people.  I want to make more things to accompany them like center signs, labels, welcome signs, clip charts, etc.  It has all started with word wall letters, but what do you think?  You can get the various word wall letters at my TpT store for $2.00.

Pirates



Beach



Owls and Dots


I also have been working on some baby shower decorations for a friend. The graphics are from Print Candee.  I love how they came out!  I am in love with digital clip art, let me just say!





Anyway, that's been my fun little weekend.  Hope all is well with you. Tomorrow I will share my fantastic bargains so check back.

10 comments:

  1. OH NO!! So sorry to hear about your washer! That's always a pain! Your word wall letters are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Home ownership and I have a love-hate relationship.

      Delete
  2. Everything came out fantastic April!! :) I'm sorry to hear about your laundry room. My husband sounds a lot like your husband. I would've been using the towels & buckets too. I hope your week is better!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pirates are my first priority for finishing classroom stuff. My husband cracks me up sometimes. In the middle of chaos, he quickly thinks about physics and gravity and slaps something together.

      Delete
  3. So cute! Your hubby seems like a great handy man. I would have tried it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!! That does not sound like fun :/ I freak out when ever an appliance malfunctions. I'm not good with that stuff! Your word wall letters turned out cute... love the beach one!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like the beach one, too. It might be my favorite so far.

      Delete
  5. I feel your pain on that. Luckily it was in our basement and was contained a bit. I was a hands and needs bucket and towel girl. So glad your hubby had a better way. Hope your week gets better. Love all of your creations :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floods and I go way back. Last year we got to redo like every floor because a pipe burst. Can read about it here if you feel like it:
      http://acozycornertocalmthechaos.blogspot.com/2012/04/everyday-moments.html

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover