Monday, July 9, 2012

Made It Monday: Back to School Writing Prompts

I am excited to link up for Monday Made It


I have been inspired by Katie's writing prompts in a jar for awhile now.  So I decided to make some back to school writing prompts.  (You can get them at my TpT store here.)

I really want to create different prompts and cards for all sorts of themes and types of writing.  This started the search for the right type of container or jar.  I have looked everywhere and so far I am thinking of using these mini-canister plastic jars at Dollar Tree.  They also have these plastic stackable baskets that two of the jars fit perfectly.  I think then I could stack them up and have a whole little writing prompt area.


I wanted my writing prompts to reflect different types of writing so I created 100 prompts with 10 prompts for each of the following types of writing:

Persuasive Writing
Expository Writing
Newspaper Articles
Descriptive Writing
Personal Narratives
Creative Writing – Stories
Creative Writing – Poetry
Responding to Quotes
Letter Writing
Comic Strips
Here is a little preview.  I just need to print, cut, and laminate them.





I also made jar labels:

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea, especially since I'm always scrambling to find ideas to write about!! Awesome job! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Love all the different prompts to help spark that writing creativity!!! Thanks for sharing and for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously just pinned AND bought this on your TPT store!
    I love it! So, so cute!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are storing these! Great idea!

    Tracy
    Creekside Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea, thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover