Sunday, July 1, 2012

Currently in July and Manic Monday

Excited to link up with the Farley's Currently.  I will have to finish reading everyone else's tomorrow.


Yes, I was listening to Miley Cyrus - I love the message behind the song "The Climb."

I am addicted to sweet tea right now.  I'm trying to eat more salad and eliminate alcohol, soda, and dairy as much as I can, so for right now sweet tea is my vice.  I like cold and sugar when it is 100+ out.

I'm super excited to be able to announce I'm going back to teaching.  I gave my two week's notice on Friday.  Technical writing has helped me improve my writing and technology skills, but I am excited to have been offered a position at a private school 15 minutes from my house. 
I want some new books to read, but I need to stop blogging long enough to curl up with a book.  I'll get there.  I consume books and then take a break.  I do things in cycles.

The last few months I have been going to hot yoga 2-4 times a week.  The last month I have started interval power walking and running.  Trying to get in some sort of routine with yoga and running.  I want to get a new bike, too, for the days it is too hot to run.

I love No Talking.  It is the perfect light-hearted story with a good message.  It brings up some great conversations on communication as well.  Appeals to boys and girls both.
If I am being honest, my go-to resource has been Laura Candler's website.  She was my jumping off point for Reader's Workshop and organization and scheduling and seasonal resources and literature circles and foldables. Should I keep going?

For those of trying to get organized, go ahead and download my freebie binder covers and spine labels for the holidays.


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


Blessings on this Sunday evening/Monday morning,

12 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Found you through Farley and the Currently linky. I love No Talking!

    Newest follower,
    Courtney
    3rd Grade Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you from the linky too! I am also addicted to sweet tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you from the linky and I love the tea too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great about your new job! Good for you with sticking to yoga,
    I just have never been able to stick with it!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from the south. Is there another kind of tea besides sweet tea, lol! We're traveling in the same circles tonight/this early morning...just finished up my Currently and Classroom Freebies post! Have a great week. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Tanya
    Mrs. Dwyer’s A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new job and thanks for the Freebie. You did make me crave a sweet tea though!

    Your newest follower...number 199!

    Stop by sometime!

    Stephany
    primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on going back to teaching! We just can't stay away form this crazy life, eh? Have a nice summer!

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on going back to teaching! How exciting!

    I am your newest follower and just started a blog of my own. I am excited to network with so many passionate educators!

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new job! I found your blog through Manic Monday and am your newest follower. I look forward to seeing what ideas you share.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am currently addicted to Arnold Palmer's peach tea... so good! Thank you so much for the freebie. I have so many themed notebooks. This is great!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover