Then, I had to go to the education store or two to get bulletin board paper. I also needed to get a birthday present for my mother-in-law. It took some aimless wandering, but I found something. I came home, ate dinner, and kept laundry going. In a minute, I am going to take a bath and enjoy a glass of wine. I have so much to do, but I feel tired and slightly overwhelmed. So I am going to relax for a bit.
Some things I want to do next week for first week of school:
- Read First Day Jitters and do some activities
- Possibly read Junkyard Wonders
- Set up journals and our binder
- Establish routines, rules, and procedures
- Complete Tara's "me in numbers" math web activity
- Maybe start talking about map related skills or timelines to make a timeline of their lives
- Make a collage about their interests
- Do some writing activities
- Start reviewing cursive
- I wanted to do Science Penguin's S is for Scientists activities but I couldn't find the book. Any good suggestions of fun back to school intro to science activities/books? I am new to teaching science.
- Start reading No Talking as a read aloud