Normally, on Thursdays I try to share some Science text suggestions. I actually have a giant stack of books on the rainforest to share with you, but I want to read them first. In the meantime, I am going to suggest you check out a blog called The Science Penguin. I am linking up with the Science Penguin for the magical product swap and am excited because this will be my first year to teach science (or be self-contained). Thus, I definitely will need Science resources. She has shared several science pictures books over the last couple posts that look great.
Now, there have been lots of great linky parties going on. There are several I wouldn't mind going back and joining, but for today I would like to link up with Amy and Janis.
Newbie Blog Hop
1) I live in Dallas, Texas.
2) Tomorrow I start training at a private school where I will be teaching a 4th/5th grade split class.
3) I taught at a private school for two years where I taught grades 3-6 English and Social Studies. Classes were small, but I had a different grade or subject every 30 minutes. It actually was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot as a new teacher. Then, I taught 5th Grade ELA and Social Studies at a charter school for 2 years.
4) I started this blog in February, but I really did not start blogging consistently until June. In the beginning, I only blogged about once a week and spent most of my time blog-stalking and learning the ropes.
5) Lots of people have given great tips. I think the main thing is to leave comments for others when you can. I think we all love feedback and like knowing others are reading. Sometimes I don't quite get to comment as much as I would like, but I intend to keep trying.
Tell me more, tell me more
1) My favorite color is green and it has been since kindergarten.
2) I hate April jokes. Every time someone makes a joke about my name, they think they are the first person to make the joke. So annoying.
3) I moved probably at least once a year growing up. Nope, no oil or military. My mom likes adventure. I went to 6 or 7 elementary schools, but actually moved much more than that because for grades 4-5 I went back and forth between 2 schools multiple times.
4) I love going to hot yoga. I am an overly serious, tense person so it helps me to deal with the tension with stretching.
5) I also hate seafood. It's not the smell or taste. It's the texture.
6) I got married a month before my 20th birthday to my high-school sweetheart. I was Valedictorian, and he was Salutatorian. We were the first in our class to get married, and we will probably be the last ones to have kids.
7) I am an Aggie, but not a very good one. My husband only owns Texas A&M t-shirts. There is a maroon truck sitting out front of our house.
8) I love historical fiction. Ann Rinaldi was my first favorite author.
9) I was the only grandchild until I was 8.
10) I have a half-bother, a step-brother, two adopted brothers, and an adopted sister, but I was raised as an only child for most of my childhood. I am the product of the modern American family.
11) I am compulsive for sure. My iPhone has not helped this. I check my email and google reader all the time.
12) My mom is my best friend. I talk to her on and off all day long about nothing. However, we haven't lived in the same state for 1/2 my life.
13) I only eat chocolate ice cream wit no toppings.
14) I hate nuts and caramel and coffee.
15) My husband is a gamer - a serious one.
16) I knew he was a gamer when I married him.
17) Blogging has finally helped me understand my husband's gaming. I finally have a hobby that I can get lost in and it requires commitment and consistency.
18) Talk radio puts me to sleep, but I love listening to sermons on the radio.
19) I have three cats and an Australian Shepherd.
20) Nala, my Aussie, is the best part of my day usually. She is my first child.