Monday, April 22, 2013

Dear Children of the Earth Freebies

I was looking for some ideas for Earth Day. While linking up my biomes book suggestions at Collaboration Cuties, I saw this suggestion to read Dear Children of the Earth by Schim Schimmel at The Balanced Classroom.

I had picked up this book at the library when I was searching for books on biomes and looking for possible read alouds. I decided after Tammi's post that this would make the perfect read for Earth Day. It has beautiful illustrations and is written from the point of view of Mother Earth.

Today we will read the book, discuss the theme, answer some questions, and then my students will write their own letters from the point of view of an animal or plant on Earth.  They will have to choose what message they want to deliver. Click here for your own freebie copy of the activities.

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I'm always looking for new Earth Day ideas!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always happy to hear about a new book. Dear Children of the Earth sounds wonderful. I will have to check it out. Thanks.

    sandi
    rubberboots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book to my kiddos every year! Love it!

    Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover