Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Some great blogging world resources for 9/11

I am beyond sleep deprived.  I finally got a class website started so that I would have a place to share links with my students to websites and videos.  I am trying to figure out the best way to utilize technology.  This to me will be the easiest way to get started is to have one place I can send my students for links.  I created a site with Weebly.  It was free and actually super easy to use.  Eventually, I want to add Kidblog and Edmodo, but for now this works for this week.

I found some really great resources for 9/11 through other blog posts.  If you still are looking for some activities to use, check out these posts as well as my freebies from yesterday on heroes and making a quilt square to remember 9/11.

Young Teacher Love gave a link to the video version of the book The Man Who Walked Between the Towers.  This was perfect because I have been searching for 9/11 related picture books at the library and the bookstore for over a week.  I haven't been able to locate anything.

As I scrolled further through my Google Reader, I saw Laura Candler had some great activities/suggestions with the book.  This worked out perfect.

I am going to use Tagxedo per Kristin's recommendation at iTeach1:1 for my student's to create a word cloud in the shape of the U.S.  I think I will have them write a paragraph or poem in honor of remembering 9/11 and then put the text in.  Either that, or make a list of words/traits for heroes to include. (Side note: This might be my new favorite blog to stalk as I try to make the best of using technology and understanding the Mac, along with Technology Tailgate.)

Don't forget about my Technology Tips linky and giveaway.  The winner wins $25 to Amazon, Target, or TpT. 

Happy note: I am now at over 400 followers.  I'm so excited.  I plan on getting that giveaway going this weekend.  Some great people have already agreed to contribute!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover