Thursday, August 30, 2012

Planning for the first week of school

Trying to get ready for Tuesday.  Today I worked on my scope and sequence some.  I have so much to do this weekend.  I am trying not to stress.  After work, I had to run so many errands.  I feel like I was just on autopilot.  I went to the library to look for some books related to the Olympics and heroes. 

Then, I had to go to the education store or two to get bulletin board paper.  I also needed to get a birthday present for my mother-in-law.  It took some aimless wandering, but I found something.  I came home, ate dinner, and kept laundry going.  In a minute, I am going to take a bath and enjoy a glass of wine.  I have so much to do, but I feel tired and slightly overwhelmed.  So I am going to relax for a bit. 

Some things I want to do next week for first week of school:
  • Read First Day Jitters and do some activities
  • Possibly read Junkyard Wonders
  • Set up journals and our binder
  • Establish routines, rules, and procedures
  • Complete Tara's "me in numbers" math web activity
  • Maybe start talking about map related skills or timelines to make a timeline of their lives
  • Make a collage about their interests
  • Do some writing activities
  • Start reviewing cursive
  • I wanted to do Science Penguin's S is for Scientists activities but I couldn't find the book.  Any good suggestions of fun back to school intro to science activities/books?  I am new to teaching science. 
  • Start reading No Talking as a read aloud
Any activities you did for first week of school that you loved?  Off to take a bath and maybe actually read part of a book.  It has been too long since I read actual books.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...I see my name! Sorry you couldn't find S is for Scientists. Dr. Xargle's Book of Earthlets is a good one or What is Science? by Dotlich. Good luck! :)

    The Science Penguin

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover