Thursday, August 16, 2012

Finding Balance and Paisley Classroom Decor


I have a million things I would like to blog about in my head.  The lists of lists keep growing.  So I have been thinking some more about balance.  I have worked all summer, so keeping up with the blog and making things for my TpT store has kept me pretty busy the last few months.  My store is starting to do really well, and it really is very exciting.  I am starting to get more requests from people, which is exciting, but I am struggling to keep up. 

In the end, you do the best you can.  I really want my attitude and being healthy to be my priority.  I probably won't be able to blog every day, but I do want to try and focus on sharing valuable ideas with you and blog at least every 2-3 days. 

Keeping a gratitude list really tranformed my attitude and helped me heal from a lot of stress I had previously allowed to affect my health.  The last few weeks though since I started my new job I have neglected my gratitude list.  I am committed to going back to updating my list regularly.  I really believe a positive attitude and joy are a huge component of balance. 

Today I am thankful for:
  • I managed to bike ride like 10 miles.  I hope I can walk tomorrow.
  • My sleep number bed - I am looking forward to a good night's sleep.
  • The library - I love books.
  • Peach salsa - It makes me happy.
  • My gamer hubby who makes me laugh and irritates me in equal measures, but I love even more almost 9 years later.
  • My puppy who I love like my first child.
In my current state of mind, here are the top ten things needed as you work toward finding balance in your life:

1) Being thankful
2) a sense of humor
3) accountability
4) letting go
5) a good friend
6) joy
7) a passion for what you're doing
8) a healthy outlet
9) lots of rest
10) the occasional vice in moderation: a soda, a glass of wine, some candy, etc.

I am going to try and sit down this weekend and write multiple posts to schedule some out.  I think this will also be part of my strategy to finding balance between work and school and blogging and fitness, etc. 

On another note,  I am excited to share a project I have been working on via request.  This project seemed like it would never end, but I finally finished (almost). I still need to finish creating the Fry word wall cards and Dolch sight words in these paisley patterns.

Here are some pictures of my latest classroom decor set.  It is paisley patterns mainly focused in green.  My other paisley items mainly have pink.  Here are some pictures:













I have decided to share some Daily 5 and CAFE signs with you below.  I hope they can be helpful. 
Paisley, Teal, And Green Decor_daily5andcafe

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the new color scheme.

    I get what you're saying about balance. I haven't been able to do much blogging this week as I am getting ready to go back to school. I'm hoping that once I'm ready, I'll be able to schedule time for blogging because it's something I love to do!

    ✿Lynn
    Inside this Book

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover