Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rockin' Resources Linky Party

I am linking up with Kelley at Teacher Idea Factory (who has a super cute blog design by the way) for a Rockin' Resources Linky Party.



There were a few resources I could not live without as a teacher.

1. Edhelper

When I first started teaching I had become certified through Alternative Certification, so a lot of my learning about teaching has been through books, the web, and trial and error.  Edhelper gave me a place to get started for extra resources.  I started teaching at a small private school where I taught 3 different grades.  Edhelper's literature units and History printables allowed me quick access when I had so many things to plan for. They also have great resources for Seasonal activities, word wall printables, Spelling, writing prompts, Math worksheets and all sorts of stuff.  It is only about $20 a year and well worth it!

2. Scholastic

Scholastic was the first place I started building my classroom library, and I love the dollar deals.

3. Vera Bradley

I love colorful totes!  I have to carry everything, and I misplace things.  So I finally just kept the necessary things in a giant tote and it became a portable desk I kept with me always.  It helped me cut down on losing things because it stayed in my tote instead of buried on my desk.


4. My craft apron

Since I am like my Dad and I lose things, I had this genius idea to find a craft apron.  I thought about making it, but decided it was more fun to buy it already made off of Etsy.  So I bought a craft apron so I always had giant pockets to put my keys, pens, markers, post-its, stickers - all those things I would get distracted and put down somewhere never to find again.


5. Papermate Flair Marker Pens
I love these things!  They made grading way more fun!  (if grading can be fun...)


6. Laura Candler's Filing Cabinet

Laura Candler's website is where I first learned about Reading and Writing Workshop.  It gave me a place to get started.  Her facebook page led me to the world of teacher bloggers.  So I will always love her website and amazing resources!
I look forward to checking out all the other rockin' resources!

4 comments:

  1. April,

    I LOVE the colorful pens you posted!! I haven't seen them before in all those amazing colors!! And I have a huge collection of colorful markers and pens!! haha I am definitely going to look for those next time I am at a store with supplies!!!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly,

    I love them because they don't bleed. All things Sharpie bleed through. I have a favorite pencil, too. My sister-in-law just introduced me to Papermate InkJoy pens at Office Max. They come in lots of colors and write very smooth. Also, they are cheap which is great since I am obsessed with pens and pencils.

    ~April

    ReplyDelete
  3. April . . . thank you so much for jumping on board. I heart FLAIR pens. All of the fun colors make grading as much fun as grading can be. It's totally dippy, but I love the point on them. It's just perfect. Those aprons are wonderful too. My mom always taught with an apron and loved them. I have to go search Etsy for one :) Thanks again.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try those flair pens and hide them from my students.
    Lorena
    Little Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover