Monday, March 19, 2012

Word Walls for Upper Students

I stuggled with how to make Word Walls relevant to my upper elementary students. I felt if I needed to have a word wall, I wanted the word to include more than the word itself. I played around with using word study boxes for the words. I used these last year and had a wall for Words from Literature. Students would fill out a word study box for a new word they found in a book they read. I usually copied them on colored card stock to make them stand out. You also could laminate them so they could be reused. You could have students use markers or pens to help the words stand out. There are three different versions of the handout. Check out this downloadable freebie at my TpT store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover