Monday, March 11, 2013

Monthly Poetry Practice for Common Core

I have decided I want my students to start essentially having a poem of the week that we will analyze, and they will use for writing inspiration.  We are going to analyze the poems in small-groups, more as a guided reading text so that I can encourage more students to be actively engaged and discuss. I have created my first monthly poetry practice set for March.  It has a March poetry word wall and activities for 4 poems.

"The Rainbow" by Charlotte Richardson
"The Echoing Green" by William Blake (a Common Core Grade 4-5 Exemplar Text)
"Fireflies in the Garden" by Robert Frost
"Two Sunflowers Move in the Yellow Room" by William Carlos Williams



You can get a copy at my store here if you are interested.  Poetry is a fabulous way to get your students to practice metaphoric thinking, higher-order thinking, and using their imagination.

I am off to Florida for 4 days to visit my grandparents.  When I get back, I am finally going to set up two giveaways for you.  One will be a 500 follower giveaway and one will be for the 1 year anniversary of my blog.  I hope you have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover