Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Workshop Wednesday: Figurative Language

I am linking up for a quick post for Workshop Wednesday with Jivey.  I found a bunch of Christmas related figurative language resources, and we covered some of them back in December.  We are going to do some more figurative language starting next week.

Lovin Lit has some great resources.  Her Reading Literature Notebook has some great lessons on Figurative Language.

She has her Close Reading Stories for Figurative Language.  We are going to use these this month.


I was also thinking of doing a round of Lit Circles with novels in verse.  I bought Heartbeat and Inside Out and Back Again on Amazon this weekend.  They just came today, so I am going to try and read them this weekend.

   photo temporary_zpsbf757998.jpg

I like the idea of covering another novel and poetry at the same time.  I think it would really allow us to cover so many skills at once.  Have you used novels in verse in your classroom?

On a side note, I put up my Effort Rubric Posters today.  I love them!   I am excited to get my students doing more reflection on the quality and effort of their work.  You can get them as a freebie from my post from yesterday.

 photo temporary_zps0ac2913b.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Your posters look great April! I love having students reflect and rate themselves on their work-it gives them ownership.
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your book choices!! And Erin's products rock, don't they? :) Thanks for linking up!
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover