Friday, June 26, 2015

Teaching about Archaeology with the Magic School Bus (Quiz and Assignment Freebie)

I will be teaching Ancient Civilizations this year.  I am working on trying to plan out what I will teach next year, and how I will teach it. In so many of the classes I have been taking as a doctoral student, we have discussed the idea that in order for students to engage in deep learning that stimulates creativity, students need opportunities to learn in authentic ways the represents how professionals in those fields think.

For Ancient Civilizations, this means that I want to teach my students to think like historians, archaeologists, linguists, anthropologists, art historians, etc. To introduce what it is to think like an archaeologist, we are going to watch the Magic School Bus "Show and Tell" episode.

I have made a quiz for the video and an assignment.




You can get a copy HERE. Do you have a favorite way to introduce students to the field of archaeology.

1 comment:

  1. Pharmacy Meds Online Is Here For You With Best And Branded Cheap Pills Of Different Disorders. Also Get the Best Articles That Can Help You Against Disorders. Just Click On the Links Below.

    Pharmacy Meds Online
    Oxycodone 30mg Online
    OTC Pills Store
    Symptoms Category
    Our Latest Blogs

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover