Friday, October 10, 2014

Pumpkin Freebies for Grades 1-2

I teach at a very small school, which means we all pitch in when needed.  Our first and second grade teacher had to go out of town suddenly for a death in the family, so I got to sub today for first and second grade.  I am planning some fall related activities for them next week and found some cute pumpkin freebies on TpT.

A Cute PowerPoint on the Pumpkin Life Cycle


An Interactive notebook page on the life cycle of a pumpkin


A Pumpkin Observation Activity Sheet


A Pumpkin Seed Recipe and Experiment Activity - Super cute!


A Pumpkin mini-unit - My favorite resource I found!


Reading Passages for Fall - This wasn't a freebie, but it was too good a resource to pass up.  There are passages for every Fall topic you can imagine. These are awesome for extra reading and fluency practice or to introduce/reinforce different topics.



I have to say I enjoyed the little ones today.  They are so sweet and so full of joy. I have so much respect for primary teachers, though. I don't know how you do it... It was fun for a short time, but I enjoy the older ones.

2 comments:

  1. If you or your staff still need neat, free activities for pumpkins, fall, etc. I use the ones, esp. the math activities, I found at http://monthbymonth.scholastic.com/index.html Easy to do and kids enjoy most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great freebies. Thanks for sharing your finds.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover