Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Audiobooks on Youtube

Did you know you can find audio books on youtube?  Now, I personally love reading audio books from the library.  I check them out on CD and play them in the car.  It is a great way to pass the time if you spend a lot of time in the car.

My students are finishing up their novel studies for A Wrinkle in Time and Gregor the Overlander. The first week we started reading one of my students was on her computer during reading time.  I asked her to close her computer and she asked if she could follow along to the audio version of A Wrinkle in Time on youtube.

Honestly, I never even thought to look for audio books on youtube. But it is a great free resource if you have reluctant readers who prefer to follow along with the audio book when they read. You can even take the clips and embed them on another site if you do not want to give them free reign on youtube.

Here are examples of clips from A Wrinkle in Time and Gregor the Overlander.  You can just search in youtube for the book and chapter you want and quote a few are on there.

2 comments:

  1. You should check out: http://www.naxosspokenwordlibrary.com/home.asp
    Text and speech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never even thought about doing this. Brilliant!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover